Friday 28 September 2007

An Apology….



A few weeks ago I reported that I had finished in 200th position in the Guide to Political Blogging bloggers’ vote that resulted in the ‘Top 500’ list.

Iain has now published the listing and it now seems that I came in at 266 and not 200 as detailed in Iain’s e-mail to me. In 200th was ‘Another Green World’ so you can kind of see how Iain may have made the mistake.

I just wanted to be clear though and not be thought to be claiming a position I didn’t achieve.

I’m still delighted though as this is a very young blog and very much under development in terms of content and style. I would like to thank all the visitors to the swamp who voted for me and indeed all of those who didn’t but who are still kind enough to visit.

G

4 comments:

Crushed said...

Hey, Grendel, trust me even being on this list shows your worth as a blogger.

I have literally just seen this list for the first time and it has had me speechless.

It seems we are fixtures of the bloggosphere landscape now.

Grendel said...

I can't comment really on my own worth as a blogger but to have a level of recognition from ones peers is wonderful.

And being in the 'Dale Accredited' top ten newcomers in 2007 is a real privilege.

I have this nagging doubt at the back of my mind though that one day I will be 'found out' and everyone will see that my one or two trick ponydom is exactly that.

Regarding being regular fixtures, silly fools they shouldn't encourage us like this should they? :-)

James Higham said...

Only onwards and upwards for you but be consistent - keep blogging near daily, serious stuff but some lighter and so on. I'm sure you don't need advice.

Grendel said...

James, thanks for the comment.

Actually I would welcome advice and constructive criticism from any any other bloggers or readers if it helps to improve the 'swamp'.

As for most I suspect it's a bit of an evolutionary process, so the odd nudge in the right direction will always be appreciated