Friday 13 June 2008

Friday night is music night – Get her to the church on time.

It was quite a task to find a decent video of this one on You Tube. The majority of clips were of squeaky school band performances. So I had to go with a version to which the publisher has attached a montage of paintings by William Bouguereau. I guess some sort of supposed link between members of the 19th C Romantic Movement. Doesn’t really work for me though.

Anyway for your delectation, Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral from Lohengrin by Richard Wagner.

There is more Wagner to come but I wanted to start with one of my two favourite pieces.

I’ve always loved the way how this builds from a slow sensitive start with the themes growing and intertwining towards the big bang bit (after about 5 mins on this clip)

But I wouldn’t bother watching the clock if I were you. I’d turn up the volume and shut your eyes or turn down the light and enjoy the ride.



4 comments:

Chervil said...

Ah, I haven't listened to Wagner in ages - time to pull out those CDs again.

jmb said...

A cliché but still great. I left it playing in another tab while I carried on.

CherryPie said...

Very nice :-)

James Higham said...

My Fair Lady