Wednesday 26 December 2007

Eight wishes for 2008



Steve Green, proprietor of the mighty Daily Referendum has tagged me to do Iain Dale’s ‘Eight wishes for 2008’ meme thing.

Although I wasn’t intending returning to the fray for a few days yet there is probably a moral obligation to complete and pass on as soon as is possible, so here goes.

1) To be acknowledged as God Emperor of the Galaxy. Orion and Cassiopia being the strength in my arms. The fate of trillions being left to an almost imperceptible twitch of my eyebrow.

OK possibly not going to happen, so;

2) Tottenham Hotspur being relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2007/8 Football season. Then going into administration, tumbling down through the leagues until finding their natural place amongst the Blue Square Premier League.

Marginally more likely than item 1

3) Gordon Brown finally being found out as the feckless sociopath that he is by the British Electorate.

A reasonable chance of this one

4) An English Parliament

About as much chance as item 1

5) A referendum on the European Constitution / Treaty.

As is my understanding all of the major political parties promised this in their manifestoes for the 2005 General Election so we are bound to get one, aren’t we?

6) That I can publish blog posts with the quality and apparent ease of my peers.

Again about as much chance as item 1, possibly marginally less so.

7) That my second born (a May child) does as well as I think he can when he starts school this year.

He really is a bright kid (I know most parents would say that anyway) but probably being the youngest in his school year I hope that he can hold his own.

8) A new and improved source of income or at least a new and improved executive team to run the particular NHS authority for whom I occasionally work.

Grass, greener and other side springs to mind.

Now to the tricky task of passing this on.
I want to keep this within Blogpower so for the chance of getting away from the food, drink and other things more rewarding than blogging I nominate, Ian Grey, JMB, Crushed by Ingsoc, Colin Campbell and The Poor Mouth.

If James Higham wasn’t justifiably getting away from things for a few days he would have been included too.

Right, I’m skulking back to my hiatus.

Thank goodness the new year isn’t 2015.

5 comments:

Shades said...

Er... Cheers. Probably...

Mike Stajduhar said...

Grendel for God Emperor of the Galaxy! Umm...if that comes off, I have a few parking tickets that need to be taken care of... so, If you don't mind...

Wolfie said...

What? No world peace/free beer manifesto? Might be covered by your galactic empirical ambitions though.

Crushed said...

t does fit i with what I planned for today anyway, so consider it some kind of Karma.

In the novel I am writing (well, Not much gets done on it), the Emperor is linked to a galactic internet where he has primary admin powers, meaning that literally, he thinks it, worlds are destroyed.

jams o donnell said...

Thanks for the tag. I'll put mine up in the next day or two.