Saturday 5 July 2008

Higham gone?

I wasn’t planning on posting anything tonight but if it is true that James had closed his blog then it’s a sad day indeed.

James has always been a friend of this blog (as indeed has Crushed) and his visits and comments have been regular and welcome.

I think that this will be true for very many fellow bloggers.

The appearance of the Higham avatar seems to be pretty ubiquitous on ‘mybloglog’ visitor widgets everywhere as indeed do the pithy two line comments left on virtually every post one publishes.

How the man ever found the time to do that much visiting and commenting is beyond me.

Indeed James was instrumental in my application and acceptance into Blogpower. Still for me one the highlights of my blogging career to date.

I can’t comment on the rights and wrongs of the case that has seemingly brought this situation to pass. I think most visitors will know what I’m talking about. I don’t know enough of the fine detail and that’s when it passes beyond my ability to make an objective comment and so where I will decline to do so.

All I do know is that be he infuriating or enlightening (and whether in my opinion right or wrong) James, at least here, will be missed.

I hope that his ‘final’ post was made in haste and that normal service will be resumed soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a return could be imminent!

jmb said...

Oh he'll be back Grendel, count on it. Quite soon I am sure.

CherryPie said...

I totally agree with you Grendel.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I've no idea what's gone on to precipitate James's departure, but I thought one of the main points to blogging was discussion from those whose perspectives you wouldn't normally be able to obtain the benefit of.
Terrible grammar, which of course James would know how to correct ;) BG

jams o donnell said...

I hope he's back soon Grendel. It just wouldn't be the same without him

BobG said...

I quite enjoyed reading his blog, and liked the viewpoints and subjects he wrote about. He used to visit me quite often, and I was always pleasantly surprised that he took the time to drop by.

Sean Jeating said...

After all, you 'make' me leaving a com(pli)ment, sir.

Your wrote what I - for various reasons - did not. Chapeau.

As for prophesy, which is as everybody know pretty difficult a matter, the more when its about the future: I am with jmb. :)

UBERMOUTH said...

That's a lovely post.
I hope that he will return soon too, as his blog is my favourite.

CFD Ed said...

Yes Let's hope it is a temporary absence.

CherryPie said...

He is back :-)

James Higham said...

That's very kind, thanks and I have come back to inflict myself on you, as the other blogger mentioned has now seen fit to desist, G-d love him.