Friday 20 June 2008

Friday Night is Music Night - Waxing Lyrically

Where to tonight?

I think one of the things that most struck me when I first met Mrs. G was her ability to adeptly bash out the odd tune or two on the old pianoforte. Indeed she had attained a pretty stratospheric Royal School of Music Grade. All of which was rather impressive for a 'playing by the numbers' rock bassist / guitarist type like me.

One of the first pieces that she played for me was tonights choice. And so by association for me has become synonymous with the early days of our 'courtship'.

Re the interpretation. I went with a fully orchestrated version as I couldn't find an unaccompanied version I really liked.

7 comments:

CherryPie said...

Very nice choice :-) Nice and relaxing for this time of night.

jmb said...

What a nice thing to hear after I have just listened to Crushed's choices. Well not really I turned them off rather quickly.
I can see why you were attracted to Mrs G if she could play such lovely pieces.

jams o donnell said...

A cery nice choice indeed. I put up the "our tune" for the not-wife and me on Valentine's day...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, it's lovely. I do so admire people who can play a musical instrument.

Julie said...

Ah, sweet - coincidentally, it was the first piece my OH played for me, many moons ago. :-)

Nunyaa said...

How lovely is this? Very easy to listen to :-)

James Higham said...

Oh yeah - let her rip!