Saturday 19 January 2008

Too close for comfort.

Today’s (Friday) Daily Mirror posed the interesting question as to what would have happened if the Dark Lord had had his mortal coil shuffled off by Flight BA038.

I’m quoting the Mirror – I’ll keep the post short as I think I need a shower.

Anyway.

BA038 is of course the British Airways Boeing 777 which crashed at Heathrow Airport yesterday.

With its usual hyperbole the Mirror describes how

“Gordon Brown stared death in the face yesterday as the stricken Heathrow jet came hurtling in just 25 feet above his head before crash landing”.

Our leader was, at the time, being driven to the VIP lounge at Heathrow prior to his flight to China.

Then in a related article ‘What if Gordon Brown had died’ the paper goes on to discuss the mechanics of government if the aircraft had been 25 feet lower when Gordon’s motorcade was passing by.

On a personal level I think in such terrible and sad circumstances I would have felt moved to write a letter to British Airways offering my condolences for any fatalities amongst the aircrafts crew and passengers and wishing the (hopefully) many survivors on the flight a speedy recovery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was there really a possibility that the replacement for George Brown would have been Ed? (Balls to you).

Been waiting to get rid of that line somewhere, so thankyou, Grendel, for the opportunity ;-)

James Higham said...

Good luck with the shower.

Anonymous said...

My God ...what started out as an uplifting story of skill and heroism, has ended up rather melancholic. Well, that's one mother of all piss ups I nearly had.

Anonymous said...

apparently caused by pilot error http://ba038.terapad.com/