Saturday 8 December 2007

Terminological inexactitudes.


I was having a conversation at work a couple of days ago with one particularly obnoxious senior manager about changes in working practice and speed of response to enquiries.

In the course of his peroration he uttered the phrases ‘step change’ and ‘quantum leap’ (I didn’t think anyone used that anymore and rather hoped nobody would!).

In response I muttered something about the fact that the steps and quantum leaps might be smaller than he expected and that it was unlikely that people could be in two places at once.

I think he got rather cross, I can’t see why.

3 comments:

Steve Hayes said...

So when did "step" replace "sea"?

James Higham said...

You needed the new BZRG [bureaucrat zapping ray gun] to do the job.

jams o donnell said...

When I have to endure meetings packed with cliche merchants I give thanks for bullshit bingo!